The following types of Counseling and Psychotherapy are offered in my office:
* Individual Counseling
* Marriage Counseling
* Couples Counseling
* Family Counseling
* Group Counseling
Sometimes counseling can be done individually. However, when there are marital, couple or family concerns, I usually recommend counseling with all of the effected persons so I can help you to better address your concerns. There are times when family members, significant others, or spouses are unwilling to come to counseling. In this case, I can still offer you individual counseling so we work together to help you develop positive solutions that work for you in your situation.
CHRONIC PAIN PSYCHOTHERAPY GROUP
This group may be right for you if you struggle with health conditions that cause chronic pain, such as Fibromyalgia, Back or Neck Problems due to injuries or post-surgery complications, Migraines, Auto-Immune Disorders, etc.
This group will meet twice per year each fall and spring for eight weeks. In this group, you will receive support from peers and learn ways to implement strategies and overcome obstacles to help you better cope with your chronic pain level. Group will be led by Janet Huff, MA, LPC, and include complimentary health education by Deborah Dejean Eaton RN. Insurance and private payment accepted.
Please call, text, or email me now to schedule your pre-group assessment.
Phone: (318) 469-0146
Text: (318) 469-0146
ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS.
Cost: $100 per person.
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate for attendance.
In this two-hour class, you will have the opportunity to learn intensive anger management strategies with a personalized focus. This class is scheduled during normal business hours. (If you are court-ordered to receive anger management classes, please check with the court to ensure that this class will meet the legal requirements for your case.)
PHONE COUNSELING - Is this option right for you?
* Will your insurance pay for phone counseling?
* Are you limited to your home environment?
* Do you live within Louisiana?
Before our first session, I will discuss with you the benefits and limitations of Phone Counseling so you can decide if this option works best for you.
Types of life concerns I work with:
I offer Counseling and Psychotherapy for a wide range of emotional, behavioral, and life concerns that include:
* Depression and Bipolar Disorder
* Anxiety, Panic, Phobias
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
* Relationship Stressors:
Marriage, Couples, Families
* Grief and Loss
Alcohol, Drugs, Internet, Sex
* Life Transitions and Adjustments
* Chronic Pain and Other Health Stressors
* Identity Problems
* Self-Esteem and Codependency
* Stress and Anger Management
* School Stressors
* Workplace Difficulties
If you feel unsure or nervous before your first session, you are not alone. I provide a supportive and comfortable environment to help you feel more at ease during your first session.
* How often should I come to Counseling?
* Should I bring my spouse or significant other?
* How long will Counseling last in my situation?
Every person's situation is different in terms of how often to come to counseling or if individual or couples/family counseling should occur. I will discuss a plan with you that can help you gain an idea of what options can work best for you. At your first session, a treatment plan will be created that is designed with your concerns in mind.
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between you and your counselor. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
* If you use insurance to pay for your sessions.
* A court order directing the disclosure of information.
* Suspected or reported child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse.
* Threats to do serious bodily harm to another person.
* Intentions to harm one's self. (I will make every effort to work with that person to ensure their safety. However, if that person does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.)
I will discuss these exceptions with you in more detail during our first session.
Phone: (318) 469-0146
Text: (318) 469-0146