Competitive Rates are offered for individual counseling sessions. Discounts for your sessions are offered when you are facing issues such as not having insurance, financial difficulties, low income, or unemployment.
Forms of Payment Accepted:
I accept cash, checks, and Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit and debit cards.
Payment is due at the time of service for counseling in the office.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be billed $50.00. You may notify me to let me know that you will not be able to attend your appointment by calling my confidential voicemail at (318) 469-0146 and leave a message, texting me at (318) 469-0146 and send me a confidential message, or by email at [email protected]
Learn more about how to make an appointment here
Due to the implementation of THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, many insurance plans now offer Minimum Essential Coverage benefits for mental health and substance abuse services. Please contact your insurance company to learn more about your benefits.
Please contact me to determine if I accept your insurance plan. Questions that you may want to determine about your policy:
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my insurance company before the first session?
Insurance Benefits and Risks:
If you want to use your insurance to help you pay for your sessions, then I will be required to submit the following information to your insurance company:
- A Mental Health Diagnosis.
- A Treatment Plan that outlines what you and I will be working on in your sessions.
- Periodic updates that report your progress and other pertinent details about the reasons that brought you to counseling.
- Other information required by the insurance company as deemed necessary, in their opinion, to continue paying for your sessions.
Benefits of Using Your Insurance:
- Low co-payment per session; the insurance picks up the rest of the payment. (Please check your insurance policy to find out what services they will pay for and what portion you will have to pay.)
Risks of Using Your Insurance:
- There is a third-party involved in your care between you and your Counselor.
- Your Counselor cannot guarantee what happens to your private health information once it reaches the insurance company. (Sometimes insurance companies share private health information between each other, or place your medical diagnoses on your permanent health record with medication information bureaus, which may be accessible to entities making inquiries about your background.)
- Since insurance companies require a diagnosis, this means that you must be meet the criteria for a mental health disorder. Many life concerns do not require a diagnosis and do not meet an insurance company’s standard for paying for sessions.
Everyone’s situation is different. I will discuss the use of insurance with you before your first session.
Questions? Contact Me:
Phone: (318) 469-0146
Text: (318) 469-0146
Email: [email protected]