In certain circumstances, I may recommend that spouses, significant others, or family members also come to the sessions to help support their loved one and to provide collateral information. This requires approval from you as the client for other persons to join your therapy sessions. If Marriage Counseling, Relationship Counseling, or Family Counseling are deemed a priority, then a referral to another provider will be offered to facilitate this service.
Questions? Contact Me Now:
Phone: (318) 469-0146
Email: [email protected]
Types of life concerns I work with:
I offer Counseling and Psychotherapy for a wide range of emotional, behavioral, and life concerns that include:
* Grief and Loss
* Life Transitions and Adjustments
* Depression, Anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder
* Chronic Pain and Other Health Stressors
* Relationship Stressors
* Self-Esteem and Codependency
* Identity Concerns
* Stress and Anger Management
* School Stressors
* Workplace Difficulties
If you feel unsure or nervous before your first session, you are not alone. I provide a supportive and comfortable environment to help you feel more at ease during your first session.
* How often should I come to Counseling?
* Should I bring my spouse or significant other?
* How long will Counseling last in my situation?
Every person's situation is different in terms of how often to come to counseling. I will discuss a plan with you that can help you gain an idea of what options can work best for you. At your first session, a treatment plan will be created that is designed with your concerns in mind.
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between you and your counselor. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
* If you use insurance to pay for your sessions.
* A court order directing the disclosure of information.
* Suspected or reported child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse.
* Threats to do serious bodily harm to another person.
* Intentions to harm one's self. (I will make every effort to work with that person to ensure their safety. However, if that person does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.)
I will discuss these exceptions with you in more detail during our first session.
Phone: (318) 469-0146